Bink’s Report Card
Mack Landing Campground
Mack Landing USFS
10 RV sites & Tent sites
First come First Serve
📡 Very poor or NO.
Our favorite sites:
check campsitephotos.com as some sites are NOT level
Wild life we experienced:
Would we recommend?
- Hiking: The forest has many trails that range in difficulty, making it a great place to go for a hike. Some popular trails include the Leon Sinks Geological Area and the Apalachicola River Wildlife and Environmental Area.
- Camping: The forest offers several campgrounds where visitors can pitch their tents and spend the night surrounded by nature. Some popular campgrounds include Wright Lake Campground and Hickory Landing Campground.
- Fishing: The forest has many lakes and streams that offer great fishing opportunities. Some popular spots for fishing include the Ochlockonee River and Lake Talquin.
- Wildlife viewing: Apalachicola Forest is home to a variety of wildlife, including white-tailed deer, black bears, and alligators. Visitors can take a guided tour or explore on their own to see these animals in their natural habitats.
- Kayaking and canoeing: The forest has many waterways that are perfect for kayaking and canoeing. The Apalachicola River is a popular spot for these activities.
- Picnicking: The forest has several picnic areas where visitors can enjoy a meal surrounded by nature. Some popular picnic areas include the Camel Lake Recreation Area and the Wright Lake Recreation Area.
- Hunting: The forest offers hunting opportunities for a variety of game, including deer, turkey, and wild hogs. Hunters must have a valid Florida hunting license and follow all hunting regulations.
- Biking: The forest has many trails that are suitable for mountain biking. Some popular trails include the Munson Hills Trail and the Fort Braden Trail.
- Horseback riding: The forest has several trails that are suitable for horseback riding. Some popular trails include the Camel Lake Equestrian Trail and the Bradwell Bay Wilderness Trail.
- Photography: The forest’s natural beauty makes it a great place to take photographs. Visitors can capture images of the forest’s wildlife, landscapes, and unique
View our video 👀 👉