Bink’s Report Card
Fred Gannon Rocky Bayou State Park Campground
Fred Gannon Rocky Bayou State Park
42 RV sites & Tent sites
Water at site but would recommend a filter system. We use the Berkery
Cell service: 📱was very good 😊
Our favorite sites:
check campsitephotos.com as some sites are NOT level
Wild life we experienced:
Would we recommend?
- Hiking: The park has several trails that are suitable for hikers of all skill levels. The trails wind through pine forests, wetlands, and along the shoreline of Rocky Bayou.
- Boating: The park has a boat ramp and a dock for visitors to launch their boats, kayaks, or canoes. Rocky Bayou is a great place for boating, fishing, and wildlife watching.
- Fishing: The park has several fishing piers and a fishing dock that offer great fishing opportunities for anglers. The bayou is home to a variety of fish species, including bass, catfish, and bluegill.
- Picnicking: The park has several picnic areas equipped with tables, grills, and restroom facilities. It’s a great place to enjoy a meal with family and friends.
- Swimming: The park has a swimming area that’s open seasonally. The clear waters of Rocky Bayou make it a great place to cool off on a hot day.
- Visit the nearby beaches – Some of the best beaches in the area include Destin Beach, Navarre Beach, and Miramar Beach.
- Visit the Air Force Armament Museum – Located just a few miles from the park, the museum features a wide range of exhibits and artifacts showcasing the history of the Air Force’s armament.
- Take a dolphin-watching tour – Several tour companies in the area offer dolphin-watching tours, giving you the chance to see these intelligent and playful creatures up close.
- Enjoy water sports – With the park’s proximity to the bayou, visitors can enjoy kayaking, paddleboarding, and boating.
- Explore the Destin Harbor Boardwalk – Located about 15 miles from the park, the Destin Harbor Boardwalk is a popular destination for shopping, dining, and entertainment. You can take a dolphin-watching cruise, rent a paddleboard or kayak, or enjoy live music at one of the many restaurants and bars.
- Visit the Gulfarium Marine Adventure Park – Located about 10 miles from the park, the Gulfarium Marine Adventure Park is home to dolphins, sea lions, otters, penguins, and other marine animals. You can watch animal shows, feed stingrays, and even swim with dolphins.
View our video 👀 👉