Bink’s Report Card
Fountaineblue State Park Campground
Fountaineblue State Park
155 RV sites & Tent sites
Water at site but would recommend a filter system. We use the Berkery https://www.berkeyfilters.com
Yes but ONLY in the improved sites
📡 Good 😊
Our favorite sites:
check campsitephotos.com as some sites are NOT level
Wild life we experienced:
Would we recommend?
- Explore the park: Take a stroll through the park’s beautiful walking trails, boardwalks, and nature trails. Enjoy the scenic views of Lake Pontchartrain and the surrounding pine forests.
- Swimming: Fountainebleau State Park has a beach area, which is perfect for swimming in Lake Pontchartrain. The beach is open from Memorial Day through Labor Day.
- Boating: Bring your boat or rent one from the marina to explore Lake Pontchartrain. You can also go fishing or crabbing from the pier.
- Camping: Fountainebleau State Park has campsites for tents and RVs. Enjoy the park’s serene setting and beautiful surroundings.
- Picnicking: Bring a picnic basket and enjoy a day in the park. There are plenty of picnic areas throughout the park.
- Wildlife viewing: The park is home to a variety of wildlife, including alligators, deer, raccoons, and many bird species. Keep an eye out for them as you explore the park.
- Visit nearby attractions: There are several attractions near Fountainebleau State Park, including the Abita Brewery, the Global Wildlife Center, Abita Mystery House, and the Louisiana Children’s Museum.
- Take a swamp tour: Experience the Louisiana bayou on a swamp tour. Many companies offer tours that depart from nearby areas.
- Visit New Orleans: Fountainebleau State Park is only a short drive from New Orleans. Take a day trip to explore the city’s rich history, music, and cuisine.
- Go to a festival: Louisiana is known for its many festivals. Check the calendar to see if there are any festivals happening during your visit. Some popular ones include the Ponchatoula Strawberry Festival and the Louisiana Seafood Festival.
View our video 👀 👉