The main reason to visit Lake Corpus Christi State Park is to enjoy outdoor recreational activities such as camping, hiking, fishing, swimming, boating, and birdwatching. The park is situated on the shores of Lake Corpus Christi, which offers opportunities for water-based activities like fishing and boating. Visitors can also explore the park’s 21 miles of hiking trails, which wind through the oak and mesquite trees of the South Texas brush country. Additionally, the park is a popular destination for birdwatchers, with over 200 species of birds recorded in the area.
This is a great place to stop over from San Padre Island towards San Antonio.
The park has over 100 campsites, most of which are equipped with water and electric hookups. Some sites also have sewer hookups, and there are several sites with 50-amp service for larger RVs.
In addition to the regular campsites, Lake Corpus Christi State Park also has a group camping area that can accommodate up to 50 people. This area includes a covered pavilion, picnic tables, fire pits, and a nearby restroom and shower facility.
Almost all campsites are located in wooded areas with easy access to the lake and other park amenities. There are also several hiking trails that start from the campground area, providing opportunities for scenic walks and wildlife vie
We enjoyed the hiking trails at this park.
- Mesquite Trail: This is a 0.6-mile trail that runs along the lake’s shoreline. It offers beautiful views of the water and is a great place to spot wildlife such as deer and birds.
- Cattail Trail: This is a 1.5-mile trail that takes visitors through a variety of habitats, including grasslands, marshes, and woodlands. Along the way, you can spot wildflowers, butterflies, and other wildlife.
- Oak Motte Trail: This is a 1.2-mile trail that takes visitors through a grove of oak trees. This trail is popular among birdwatchers and offers excellent opportunities to spot woodpeckers and other woodland birds.
- Redfish Bay Trail: This is a 2-mile trail that takes visitors along the lake’s edge and through a coastal prairie. This trail is ideal for visitors looking to explore the park’s coastal ecosystem.
Watch for these two..
I keep hearing it takes a village to raise a child.
Do they just show up? Or is there a number to call??
Money Saving Tip
If you are visiting a Texas State Park and camping more than 5 days within a year buy the annual state pass. Texas charges a per person fee of up to $8 for everyone in the car ever day one ☝️ visits. We took advantage of the pass and saved hundreds of dollars. Other discounts allow your second night camping half off ?
- Unlimited Entry: With a Texas State Park Pass, you have unlimited entry to more than 90 state parks and historic sites in Texas. This means you can visit your favorite parks as often as you want without having to pay the daily entrance fee each time. These fees can add up quickly.
- Savings: A Texas State Park Pass can save you money if you plan on visiting multiple state parks throughout the year. The pass pays for itself after just a few visits, and you can save even more if you take advantage of discounts on camping and other park amenities.
- Convenience: With a Texas State Park Pass, you don’t have to worry about carrying cash or credit cards to pay the daily entrance fee. You can simply present your pass at the entrance station and be on your way to enjoying the park.
- Supporting State Parks: By purchasing a Texas State Park Pass, you are supporting the preservation and maintenance of Texas State Parks. The funds from the pass go directly to park improvements, trail maintenance, and conservation efforts.
- Discounts: In addition to unlimited entry to state parks, a Texas State Park Pass also provides discounts on camping, equipment rentals, and other park amenities. Pass holders can also receive discounts at some local businesses.
- Access to Special Events: Texas State Park Pass holders can enjoy special events and programs offered exclusively to pass holders, such as guided hikes and birdwatching tours.
Camping is about finding yourself in the middle of nowhere and realizing you had everything you needed all along.
You don’t know pain until your shin meets one of these…
I’m sorry, did I roll my eyes ? out loud! ?
Why we recommend the Berkey?
I came, I saw ?, I forgot why I am here, I left.
Road warriors need to pass the time when on the road. I highly recommend the Audible books ?Try Audible and Get Two Free Audiobooks
Money saving tip: Buy the annual national parks pass. The National Park Pass will also allow access to all the national monuments. If you plan on being in any of the National Parks more than three times within a year then you will save money. The pass will sometimes allow discounts to camping in the National Forest ?. There’s also discounts for seniors which can be applied against camping through out America. Other discounts apply so please read the eligibility which can save you more money. We estimate we saved over $600 in park fees. “I googled my symptoms… turned out I just need to go camping”
This site contains paid advertisements. By clicking the links it does not cost you any extra money as the seller pays Travelswithgg a referral fee. We will never place any links without 100% satisfaction of a product we use.
Traveling across the country is challenging enough to not have to worry about ones drinking water. We carry with us the Berkey water filtration system which we consider one of the best on the market.
Our thoughts ? Lake Corpus Christi State Park
Corpus Christi State Park is a beautiful and serene park located in the coastal plains of Texas. It offers a range of outdoor recreational activities such as hiking, biking, fishing, and swimming. The park is also a great place for wildlife viewing, with opportunities to see a variety of bird species, reptiles, and small mammals.
One of the unique features of the park is the Oso Bay Wetlands Preserve, which is a natural filtration system for the Oso Creek and provides habitat for a diverse range of plant and animal species.
Visiting a place like Corpus Christi State Park can be a great way to connect with nature and appreciate the natural beauty of our planet. It can also provide an opportunity to learn about the importance of conservation and sustainability and the ways in which we can protect our environment for future generations.
Overall, a visit to Corpus Christi State Park can be a refreshing and rejuvenating experience for those seeking to escape the hustle and bustle of city life and immerse themselves in the beauty of nature.
“I whisper What the f**k to myself atleast 20 times a day”Amazon Launchpad Holiday Gift Guide
Drone flying is fast becoming a hobby of mine. After much research I purchased the Mini from DJI. I am very satisfied but still an amateur having a blast. Check out our drone videos within the blog which we hope you will enjoy.
Products we love ❤️
After 12,000 miles on the road and hundreds of miles hiking ? throughout America, our Merrells have withstood all types of terrain and although they may be dirty, the quality is outstanding and are ready for the next 12,000.
Being on the water is very therapeutic and lots of fun. Space is always our issue so the inflatable kayak was our answer. Easy to inflate but we did buy a battery ? pump to make life easy. We have kayaked the lakes of Montana, Idaho, Arkansas, Minnesota, South Carolina, Arizona and the Intex has not let us down.
Robin’s favorite outdoor cooking utensil
Great personal usb fans. Perfect for warm dry camping nights
Our Retro Jr offers only so much space so to expand the cooking area, Robin loves this easy to put up table from Lifetime. No issues after multiple setups and break downs.
We enjoy a good cup of coffee ☕️ and one of our favorite cafes offers a pour over. ( How to make the best pour over coffee) If you are still making coffee in a pot break the yoke of social conformity and consider alternatives to a drink of the gods (coffee) every morning. This Insta Pot has been a godsend to our travels.
Campers are for the most part very honest and friendly people. However, pulling GG through a city and leaving her to go explore can make one feel uneasy ? so this easy locking ? system was our solution.
Our teardrop does not come with a refrigerator so coolers are our life blood. We needed to keep our food cold for days on end and these coolers did the trick.
Grand daughter had her first birthday so the best gift was to start her love of camping. Love you Bridget.
Traveling over 12,000 miles in a Teardrop trailer one realizes space is an issue. We highly a roof rack to aid in carrying more items ie inflatable kayak, life jackets, oars, and etc.
12,000 miles on the road, one of my best purchases was my Costa sunglasses ?. The glare from driving is gone and the polarized lenses intensified the colors of my surroundings.